Monday, April 19, 2010

Calendars! Get me Organized!!

We decided to celebrate our 6 year old's birthday by munching pizza, cake and ice cream with friends. We filled the whole back half of the restaurant and kids were everywhere! It was fun to see her face light up, when just a few moments before, she had started getting teary eyed thinking that we drove all the way to town, for her to sit in the car and wait for mom and all her stops! I was trying to keep the party a secret, so she thought I wasn't going to let her out of the car. Among several nice gifts, she got a little stuffed cheetah that gives her access to a website where the cyber rendition of her cheetah can play games, exercise and have a generally good time in cyberspace. Her older brother and sister were given one in the past, and this was the next best thing to heaven in her eyes!

Before I go on, I have to say that the children and I are reading a book called "The Book of Three" and there's a strange animal in the story that is always saying things like, "Does my lord have munchings and crunchings??" and now I can't say the word munching without thinking of him and his curious ways....His name is Gurgi. Oh, sorry....I got off track.

I didn't have any time to sew or embroider today. Well, I say that as if I usually do have (or make) the time LOL (only in my dreams)...

If I HAD been able to stitch some embroidery designs, of all the embroidery designs gallery we have available, I was in the mood to make an embroidered calendar...I know, may sound strange, but I have been a little disfunctional where scheduling is concerned and I need all the help I can get!

Don't tell too many people, but I haven't even purchased a calendar yet this year and it's already April! I rely on the computer calendar too much. Machine embroidery would be much more long lasting though, don't you think? I think this calendar would make a nice gift too. I'll list a few others that I found with a simple search:

Design Stash 20% off
Camela's Corner Buy 1 Get 1
Sunshine Embroidery (This one is for 2007, but you could change it to accommodate)
Heather's Home This is handstitch look 50% off right now!!!
Heather's Home also has a set called Calendar Children which is really cute.
StarLlight Dream's JJ Calendar Girls and these one's in the hoop. Buy 1 Get 1

Well, I have to get to bed so that I have plenty of energy for our homeschooling co-op tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a good night sleep, and remember to visit us for great Embroidery supplies!

Where YOU are always # 1

No comments:

Post a Comment